Someone could die from severe blood loss in under 3 minutes due to a trauma injury. Would you know what to do? The course content is planned to support everyone involved in a traumatic injury situation and supports Martyn's Law and Action Counters Terrorism (ACT).
Anyone working in an open-air location or environment where mass casualty incidents may occur is advised to undergo first aid trauma training.
These consist of concert halls, stadiums, fairs, athletic fields & shopping centres
What is meant by a trauma injury, is any physical damage or harm caused to the body, as a result of an external force or event, occurring due to various reasons, such as car accidents, falls at home, sports injuries, or acts of violence.
These injuries can affect different body parts individually and all at once, including bones, muscles, joints, organs, and the nervous system.
Our course covers:
- The Immediate actions to take in an emergency situation
- Reporting of situations surrounding M. E. T. H. A. N. E.
- Demonstrating the use of a blood loss trauma kit
- Understanding and demonstrating the use of direct and indirect pressure for catastrophic hemorrhages.
- Tourniquet application and use including making and use of improvised tourniquets.
- Demonstrating the effective use of CPR & AED.
- Showing the recovery position and the rationale for its application
- Citizen Aid