Under The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, First Aid cover is a legal requirement for all workplaces, ensuring that all employees receive the immediate attention, should a first aid situation arise. If you are unsure how many first aiders are needed, please use our First Aid Requirements Calculator.
All our courses are delivered by experienced tutors who have done the job they are training you to do, they are able to bring the learning to life and ensure that all leave competent in their skills to protect the individual along with you and your business.
This course meets your HSE Workplace Safety Compliance and focuses on teaching quick and effective responses to various emergencies, including injuries and sudden illnesses. Participants learn how to take immediate action to stabilise the patient before professional medical help arrives.
The course content is:
- General actions in an emergency including the roles and responsibilities required
- Incident and casualty assessments
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques for adults (demonstration on child and infant only), AED use and assessment of
- Recovery position
- Choking management
- Control bleeding and manage wounds
- Minor injuries
- Respiratory system and hypoxia
- Chest injuries
- Asthma and hyperventilation
- Cardiovascular system
- Different types of shock
- Angina, heart attacks and strokes
- Poisons and poisoning
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains and the application of slings
- Head and spinal injuries
- Electric shock
- Secondary survey