Please note: If you are a pre-school, childminder or charity, please call 01484 546780 prior to booking, thank you This WEEKDAY COURSE START AT 09:00 This course meets your requirements for the Statutory Framework for EYFS & OFSTED. For individuals and companies working with children and infants (up to the age of 18 years old) and for those working towards an early years educator/ professional qualification.
This is a 2 day classroom based course that meets all your EYFS and OFSTED requirements to be registered as a childcare setting.
This course meets the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and the requirements in the Government document ‘First Aid in Schools, Early Years and Further Education (updated 14/2/22)’ Where, within this document it states
'While the regulations do not require employers to provide first aid for anyone other than their own employees, it is strongly recommended that all schools and colleges consider the needs of non-employees such as pupils, students and visitors when making provision for first aid.'
The course content is:
- General actions in an emergency including the roles and responsibilities required.
- Incident and casualty assessments
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques for children and infants (demonstration on adults only), AED use and assessment of
- Recovery position
- Choking management
- Seizures including febrile convulsions
- Control bleeding and manage wounds
- Minor injuries
- Respiratory system and hypoxia
- Chest injuries
- Asthma and hyperventilation
- Cardiovascular system
- Different types of shock
- Angina, heart attacks and strokes
- Poisons and poisoning
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains and the application of slings
- Head and spinal injuries
- Electric shock
- Secondary Survey
We now also offer:
The Combined 3 day course First Aid at Work and Paediatric First Aid for those settings such as nurseries, pre-schools, schools and colleges who require adult and child first aid cover.