Who is Martyn and what is Martyn’s Law is what we are being asked a lot at the moment.
Martyn’s Law refers to a set of proposed security measures, aimed at improving public venue safety in the United Kingdom, particularly in light of potential terrorist threats.
Here are the key points of Martyn’s Law as we believe they will be moving forward:
- This is named after a victim: Martyn’s Law is named after Martyn Hett, one of the victims of the Manchester Arena bombing in 2017.
- These are mandatory security measures: The law proposes mandatory security measures for publicly accessible spaces and venues.
- Risk assessments must be completed: Venue operators must conduct thorough and rigorous risk assessments to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Contingency plans must be In place: Develop and maintain comprehensive contingency plans to address different security scenarios, including terrorist attacks.
- Collaboration with authorities is a must: Establish effective collaboration and information-sharing mechanisms with local law enforcement and emergency services.
- Staff training must be implemented: Provide appropriate training to staff members to recognize and respond to security threats effectively. This is what Purple Dog Training offer, with the Blood Loss trauma first aid courses we now deliver.
- Incident reporting must be part of the process: Implement mechanisms for reporting suspicious activities or behaviors and ensure staff members are aware of the procedures.
- Physical security measures to be implemented: Consider implementing physical security measures such as CCTV cameras, access control systems, and screening procedures to enhance safety.
- Communication with the public to ensure they understand the security measures: Develop clear and accessible communication strategies to inform the public about security measures and emergency procedures.
- Regular testing and drills should happen: Regularly test and conduct drills to evaluate the effectiveness of security measures and ensure staff members are well-prepared for emergencies.
- Compliance monitoring for due diligence: Establish mechanisms for monitoring and ensuring compliance with the law’s requirements.
- Applicability for your venue: The law is aimed at various public venues, including but not limited to, stadiums, concert halls, shopping centers, hotels, and educational institutions.
So the courses that we are delivering in Huddersfield under the blood trauma first aid heading, covers all these points as well as the opportunity to practise first aid skills for those trauma first aid incidents
#firstaid #martynslaw #trauma #kirklees #huddersfield #mentalhealth #safety #cctv #bloodloss