We are aware of the new COVID-19 Omicron variance and the increase in numbers that are reported daily.
As a business, we are very aware that we need to protect you as our learners along with your family and friends, and also the business/employer you work with.
As of the 01/01/2022, and following our updated Covid-19 risk assessment, we are implementing the following:
- For your safety, you have a free-standing, full-height infection control screens between you and the person sat next to you. This means you are in your own pod/bubble whilst in the training room (unless you are undertaking a practical part of the course, in which case we have the floor marked out for your safety).
- All the team will be wearing their facemasks whilst teaching and also ensuring distances are maintained
- All learners will be required to wear their facemasks (unless exempt) whilst in The Chestnut Centre and Training Room.
- Breaks will be taken every 1 hour to allow you chance to get some fresh air and during this time the tutor will disinfect the training room.
- You must arrive 30 minutes before the official start time of your course. This allows the tutor time to check temperatures and forms to be completed ready for the start time
- Any late arrivals will not be admitted and will be required to return at a later date for their training, to ensure everyone’s safety, there will be no exceptions.
- You will have your own sterilised equipment and you must wear your own face mask whilst in the building and training room
- Your temperature will be taken prior to commencement of the course (via a non-invasive laser thermometer)
- We have a form for you to sign to say you or no member of your household has had Covid-19 symptoms for the past 14 days.
- In addition, all classrooms are fully cleaned and disinfected including all carpets, furnishings, walls & surfaces at the end of every day, so you know you are learning in a clean and Covid safe environment
- Please bring your own cup for refreshments. We will have tea and coffee for you.
For those attending a course within 2022, we will be delivering the latest #covid techniques to protect you and the casualty.
It’s a changing world at the moment and these changes and the uncertainty moving forward, can and does affect people’s mental health and wellbeing. If anyone would like to chat, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org who are both qualified mental health first aiders.
We cannot take away the fear of uncertainty, however we can put in place #Covid19 stringent precautions to help you feel easier.
If anyone would like to discuss their training within 2022, please don’t hesitate to contact Iain on 01484 546780
Please note: All the above may change at any point, as we are continually monitoring updates from the Government, The British Resuscitation Council and also our Awarding Bodies