‘Me a First Aider in my workplace – never’ I hear so often. Mainly because the individual is scared about what to do if the need for them in the role as First Aider arises.
So, lets look at the facts:
- If you are working in a high risk environment, then you would not be on your own in this role. – You should have at least 2 of you trained up to be First Aider in your workplace.
- If you are working in a low risk environment, then you would not be on your own in this role. – You should have at least 2 of you trained up to be the First Aider in your workplace.
- Chances of a first aid injury happening in your workplace should be small. This is because the company will have already risk assessed the environment. Risk Assessments helps to prevent or stop these injuries from happening (and yes we do run risk assessment courses too)
- If you look at your accident book (yes all must companies have one) you should see the different types of injuries that have been dealt with previously. I shouldn’t imagine there are many and they are not likely to be that bad either.
- If you did need to deal with an injury or illness, then help would be only a phone call away and they would be with you as soon as possible.
- If you come on one of our Purple Dog First Aid courses in Deighton, Huddersfield. THERE IS NO WAY YOU WONT LEAVE COMPETENT AND CONFIDENT IN YOUR SKILLS! I can assure you, you do not need to worry. Just read what other learners have to say about Purple Dog Ltd.
So why bother signing up then?
It’s simple… The most likely time you are going to need to use your skills are when you are out and about. It could be at the weekend with friends and family. So then that makes you think. If there is a situation with someone you care about, would you want to just stand there? Would you really know what to do? Or would you want to help the? To do something to help them till that help arrived?
Is the answer is to help the person you care for? Then volunteer to be a First Aider in your workplace, because first aid saves lives!!